As adopted from the International Confederation of Container Re-conditioners:
- Recognize and respond to community about drum disposal and the operations of drum reconditioning facilities.
- Produce drums that are effective in safety containing all appropriate materials in transportation and storage.
- Make health, safety and environmental considerations a priority in planning for all existing and new processes.
- Counsel drum user on the safe use, transportation, emptying,reuse and recycling of drums.
- Operate plants in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of employees and the public.
- Work with others to resolve problems created by past drum disposal practices.
- Participate with government and others in creating responsible laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- Promote the principles and practices of Responsible Containers Management by sharing experiences and offering assistance to others who produce, use, transport of dispose of drums.